I've always been a sucker for the "tips" portion of any publication. Inherent in the concept, is finding out something that will make life better in some way.
Sometimes we take for granted that everyone knows all the tricks, tips and shortcuts that we know, but I'm always so grateful when someone is kind enough to share some special remedy, process or "rule of thumb" that they have found helpful.
Keep in mind that the tips found here are ones that I know are useful, because I have used them myself! I will be adding to this page, regularly, as new tips come to mind, or as discoveries come my way.
Also, if you have a tip you would like to share, let me know by clicking on the "Contact Us" button at the top of this page and fill out the form. We would love to publish your helpful food tips!
1. Choose color!
2. Fat--how can you tell if it’s saturated?
3. Water—the beverage of choice
4. Flax for Omega-3 and fiber
6. Complementary Proteins
7. Cooking with whole-grain flour
8. Breading and Bread crumbs
1. Egg Quality
2. Supermarket shopping
3. Choosing a ripe cantaloupe
4. Choosing Cheese
5. Buying Produce
7. Fiber in bread
8. Sugar by any other name is still sugar
9. Keep it plain and simple
10. Buying Organic
1. Serving sizes
2. Conscious Eating
3. Keeping Track
4. Are you Nuts?
6. Low-fat foods
7. How big is your ice cream scoop?
8. Hunger or Appetite?
9. Liquid calories count too
10. Stop eating by a certain time
2. Peppermint Tea
4. Beans, Beans, the marvelous fruit…
5. Licorice anyone?
8. Limit hard to digest foods.
9. Chew a teaspoon of fennel seeds
1. Squeaky clean veggies and fruits
2. Dressing your salad
3. Fresh Herbs
4. Blend the cottage cheese
5. Lighter whole-grain breads
6. Sweet potato “fries”
7. Alligator Pears
8. Did your cream soup curdle?
9. Reducing the acid in your tomato dishes
10. For better baked goods, warm up the eggs
11. The shape of homemade bread
12. Are you measuring your flour correctly?
13. The secret to making great oatmeal
I am convinced that what we eat and how we eat plays a major role in how we feel and particularly, how well we are. For this reason, I would like as many people as possible to become more aware of what healthy eating involves, and of the extreme benefits that can be found in being conscious of what and how we eat. I hope these food tips will help you achieve your healthy eating goals.